Army ROTC Four Year Scholarship (High School Applicants)
ROTC SCHOLARSHIPS ARE BASED SOLEY ON THE STUDENT’S MERITS – NOT FINANCIAL NEED.
The Four-Year Scholarship is for those students who applied while a junior or senior in high school and will be incoming college freshmen in their first year of a four-year undergraduate plan. Students should go to http://www.goarmy.com/rotc/high-school-students.html in order to apply for the Four-Year Scholarship.
DEADLINES: Application window opens around June 10th following a student’s Junior year in High School and goes through approximately February 4th of a student’s Senior year in High School.
There are three Army ROTC Scholarship Boards each year. Here are the approximate application and board review dates for each board:
- Application and required uploads are due o/a Oct. 7 to be reviewed by the board from Oct. 17-21
- Application and required uploads are due by Jan. 13, to be reviewed by the board from Jan. 23-27
- Application and required uploads are due by Mar. 6, to be reviewed by the board from Mar. 13-17
** Exact dates can be found on the application portal link listed above for the application.
Minimum Requirements to apply:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a SAT or ACT score on record
- No SAT or ACT minimum score
- Meet physical standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
In order to be competitive you should have scores above the minimum requirements.
- Have a High School GPA of 3.5 of higher
- Have a SAT Score of 1200 or higher (Math/Reading)
- Have a ACT Score of 26 or higher
- Fullfill all three SAL (Scholar, Athlete, Leader) criteria. Those who fill all three get looked at more than those who do not.
- Have no civil convictions or medical issues
Contact your Campus Military Science department for more information.
High School Applicants who are needing to complete the Professor of Military Science (PMS) Interview portion, should contact Mr. Curtis Lawrence at 704-687-8101 or email@example.com in order to make an appointment with the PMS.