How to Join the 49er Battalion
How to Join the 49er Battalion:
Qualifications for the Basic Course (MSCI 1101, 1101L, 1102, 1102L, 2101, 2101L, 2102, 2102L)
- Be a full time student at UNC Charlotte or any of our partnership/affiliate schools.
- Not be a Conscientious Objector.
- Be of Good Moral Character.
- Not have any Tattoos specifically prohibited by Army policy.
- Be a U.S. Citizen Only (cannot be dual citizen).
- Be in good physical condition.
- Be an active participant in class, labs and physical fitness training.
Qualifications for the Advanced Course (MSCI 3101, 3101L, 3102, 3102L, 4101, 4101L, 4102, 4102L)
- Meet all of the previous requirements to enter the Basic Course.
- Be a fulltime student at UNC Charlotte at a 4-year institution of any of our partnership/affiliate schools .
- Not have any civil convictions, adverse adjudications, or court marshal convictions other than minor traffic violations less than $250.00.
- Not be a single parent with more than 3 dependents.
- Never have used drugs; or be a self admitted limited/experimental user of drugs who has not used within 6 months of contracting.
- Sign a loyalty oath.
- If prior service, have an honorable discharge from the Armed Services with a qualifying RE code of 1 on DD Form 214.
- Meet one of the following criteria: have credit for each MSCI 1101/1101L/1102/1102L/2101/2101L/2102/2102L, or a combination of minimum of 2-years of high school JROTC and 2101/2102 series, complete Cadet Command’s Leadership Training Course, or complete Basic Training in one of the Armed Forces.
- Have a minimum college GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (however we prefer a 3.0 or higher GPA).
- Score a minimum of 180 points with 60 points in each event on a single Army Physical Fitness Test (we prefer consistant performance of 240+).
- Successfully pass a Department of Defense Medical Evaluation Review Board (DODMERB) physical. The most common non-waiver disqualifiers during this physical are: documented asthma after the age of 13; ADD/ADHD, depression treatment, or academic skills disorders within the past 12 months; ulcerative colitis, crohn’s disease, scoliosis-curvature of the spine in excess of 30 degrees, or prior service with a permanent profile.
- Be younger than the age of 31 at time of commissioning …. ……
- Be able to graduate in a timely manner and according to your signed CC Form 104R.
- Meet and exceed all requirements for contracting.